Our friends at Trunk Club are at it again--helping us dress right for every occasion. Its now time to start planning for those morning-to-night Fourth of July celebrations that tend to involve a number of different activities like boating, backyard BBQ’s and firework displays. Jason Smith, VP of Product Merchandising for Trunk Club says “Given the many changes in setting, and because the Fourth is a day-to-night event, I look for clothes that are versatile and functional.” His recommendations are handy well beyond the Fourth as well.
A few of Jason’s favorites include:
- White Pants - White pants are a summertime essential and work across a variety of settings. (Selected the MAC white chinos - $178)
- Polo - Sporty and functional, polos are also dressier than t-shirts or henleys. (Selected the Boast polo - $70)
- Lightweight Layering Piece - Wrapped around the waist for most of the day, a layering piece like this sweatshirt will come in handy when you're on the water—or still on the roof deck when the nighttime firework shows start wrapping up. (Selected the Life After Denim Paddle Boat Sweatshirt - $88)
- SWIMs Lace-Up Loafer - This shoe can be dressed up or down. Because of its unique waterproof construction, it's also a functional choice for the boat or beach. (SWIMs Lace-Up Loafer - $149)
- Ribbon/Grosgrain Belt - July 4th is a fun, long day. I like to wear an offbeat or interesting belt as a conversation starter, given how many new people I always meet during the course of the celebrations. (Boast Red Racquet Belt - $36).